The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST)
The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST) is currently telling our travelers that now is not the time to visit. Now is a time to PAUSE, reconnect with loved ones, and find safe, healthy adventures close to home. But rest assured, we’ll be here ready to welcome you back when the time is right.
ROOST is committed to ensuring that every experience in the Adirondacks is the best it can be by providing up-to-date information. The safety of our residents is our highest priority as we navigate these uncertain times. We are dedicated to working in collaboration with health and government officials as well as our Adirondack communities to help provide the resources we all need to make informed decisions.
- Resource Toolkit – Find marketing tips, printable signage, photo/video resources, and more.
- Outdoor Recreation Updates: Find information on trailheads, parking, and other outdoor resources.
- Adirondack Tourism Strategy – Pathway Forward Slide Deck (4.21.20)
- ROOST Regional Update Call #6 – Recording (6.10.20)
- Regional Update Call #6 – Slide Deck (6.10.20)
- Community Jumpstart Business Sign Up
- Event Updates – postponed dates and canceled events
- Outdoor Recreation Updates – Learn about trail closures, limitations, and other important information.
- Get the latest business updates via the “Insider”
- ROOST has shifted the use of our region “Insider” emails to meet the needs of this time. Previously known as the weekly events email, the “Insider” is temporarily delivering the latest information on current business services directly to your inbox. (learn more)
- New York Forward
- Business Safety Plan Template
- North Country Chamber of Commerce – Back to Business Webinars and Resources
- ServSAFE Offers Free Courses for Restaurants
Travel Industry Research
- Longwoods Travel Sentiment Survey (7.08.20)
- LNT – Changes to the Way People Recreate Outdoors
- Destination Analysts Travel Sentiment Index (6.29.20)
- Miles Partnership Insights on Travel Messaging and Marketing
- Luggage Hero: How demand changed after weeks of lockdowns (4.14.2020)
- NYS Travel Research: When COVID is Over, What Will Travelers Do? (4.29.2020)