Do you love the Adirondacks? We are seeking people who share our passion.
ROOST employs approximately 25 people with offices in Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, and Crown Point. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following positions are currently available.
The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism is currently seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate PR messaging and objectives for DMO geographic area of responsibility with ARTC and ILNY public relations subcontractors.
- Monitor work of PR subcontractors (JMCPR in NYC) to execute plans in alignment with marketing and communications strategies.
- Maintain media kit resources online and digitally for on-site distribution (FAMs).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the media.
- Fulfill media requests / inquiries for information, video, and photo.
- Write press releases on behalf of ROOST.
- Maintain communication activity statistics, allocated to specific regions, including:
- DMO/Destination press releases distributed
- FAMs hosted
- Media inquiries fulfilled
- Media interviews conducted
- Resulting media clippings/links
- Media events coordinated/hosted
- Editorial written
- Media pitches distributed
- Attend media and local events as appropriate.
- Support social media efforts as directed.
- Write story and news content for destination websites.
- Work with team members to achieve set goals.
- Any other duties as requested.
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Primary Office Location: Lake Placid
Position Type: Full-Time
To apply, please send resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST). We are an equal opportunity employer.