12 Feb Call for nominations for the Distinguished Volunteer of the Year Award
Distinguished Volunteer of the Year Awards to be announced during Community Day
Lake Placid, NY — The Lake Placid Community Day Committee invites all Lake Placid residents to celebrate the community and its rich legacy of volunteerism with a picnic and party on Sunday, May 31.
In addition to the announcement of the Volunteers of the Year, the annual Community Day event is intended to promote the many volunteer opportunities available in the region to current and new residents.
The picnic and party is 1 – 4 p.m. at the North Elba Show Grounds and includes free live music, food, drinks, kid’s activities, and a performance by the newly-formed High Peaks Community Band.
To nominate a volunteer for the North Elba/Lake Placid Distinguished Volunteer of the Year, fill out the nomination form and return to ROOST by March 31, 2020. Forms are also available at the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau. They can be returned to Bethany Valenze by email at email@example.com, or stop in the office at 2608 Main St., Lake Placid.
Any previous candidates may be re-nominated. The committee also retains and reviews all past nominees.
A Distinguished Volunteer award will be given in recognition of a lifetime of activity and effort on behalf of the town of North Elba and/or the village of Lake Placid. Volunteers do have to reside in North Elba/Lake Placid and the organization that they have been nominated for – and where they have performed their services – must be within the boundaries of North Elba.
We also invite people to submit nominations for our Youth Category for volunteers 18 years of age and under. The same criteria will be used.
- Any individual or organization may nominate one or more candidate(s).
- The organization and/or the volunteer work must be within the boundaries of North Elba.
- Previous nomination does not disqualify person for another year.
- Please keep nominations confidential. All nominees will not necessarily receive an award.
- Include as much pertinent information to support your nomination as you can.
- Please provide at least one contact in support of your nomination. Be sure to include name and number where support person can be reached.
- Additional letters of support are encouraged.
For more information, contact Bethany Valenze at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 518.621.3662.