05 Nov Stroll, Skate and Celebrate in December: Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll – A Festive Annual Adirondack Tradition
Lake Placid, NY – The Adirondack alpine village of Lake Placid invites all to experience a festive start to the season as it hosts the 10th Holiday Village Stroll, complete with holiday shopping, family fun, arts and entertainment from Friday, Dec. 13 through Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019.
Lake Placid, New York is a popular year-round vacation destination situated between two lakes, ringed by Adirondack mountain peaks with a quaint and vibrant Main Street. The two-time Olympic Winter Games host holds the distinction of being America’s first winter resort, as the famed Lake Placid Club remained open for the winter season during the winter of 1904. The area has beckoned visitors to play in the snow for over 100 years!
This December, the Holiday Village Stroll weekend is packed with plenty of activities for kids and families including a skating party, opportunities to visit with Santa, holiday movie screenings at the Palace Theatre, a tree-lighting ceremony, holiday crafts, story time and free sleigh rides around Mirror Lake.
Adults will enjoy strolling Lake Placid’s quaint Main Street adorned with ice sculptures, holiday shopping deals, specialty drinks, local beer tastings, and live music throughout the village. In addition, the Jingle Bell Run/Walk is a fun race on a 2.5-mile course around scenic Mirror Lake, in which hundreds of visitors and locals compete; festive costumes are encouraged! In addition, dress as Santa and ski free at Whiteface Mountain.
In addition to the weekend’s activities, area hotels are offering tremendous special package rates on accommodations. There are restaurant deals and shopping specials as well.
Highlights of the Holiday Village Stroll weekend include:
- Free skating party at the Lake Placid Olympic Center, where Santa will make an appearance
- Santa’s arrival by fire truck on Main Street
- Breakfast with Santa
- Free classic holiday movies in the old-fashioned movie theatre
- Traditional Yule Log Hunt
- Mid’s Park Holiday Celebration with tree lighting and special performance with the Lake Placid school chorus
- Skating performances
- Cookie decorating, holiday card making, and gingerbread house making workshops
- “Golden Ladle” soup, chili and chowder competition with complimentary tastings for all, provided by local dining establishments
- Local beer tastings
- Live bands throughout the weekend at various restaurants
Visit lakeplacid.com/perfect-holiday for a complete list of lodging options for the Holiday Village Stroll weekend and for the latest event updates.