13 Mar Coronavirus Update From ROOST
Dear community members,
ROOST is, above all, committed to the safety and health of the local communities we represent and are proud to call home. During this time, ROOST’s role will be to compile as much information as possible to share with the public, but will always defer to departments of public health in regards to recommendations about closures and safe health practices. If you have questions about whether or not to hold a local event, please contact your county department of health.
The ROOST team is busy working to keep an up-to-date list of information available for travelers, locals, business owners, and those who just love the Adirondacks. We have developed one location for Adirondack updates relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19). This page exists to share links to public health information, closings, event cancellations, or other relevant resources.
With regard to marketing:
- We have paused all outward paid advertising that actively solicits immediate planning of travel to the Adirondacks.
- All ROOST-operated websites are being adjusted to ensure that the sites are thoughtful and appropriate during this time.
- All ROOST-operated websites contain a notification banner on all pages directing travelers to this resource for more information regarding the COVID-19 virus in the area.
- We will continue to use our communication channels, including social media and emails, to keep the Adirondacks top-of-mind with travelers by telling stories that are of the appropriate tone and sentiment.
- We are continuing to actively work on summer marketing campaigns so we are ready to implement as soon as it is appropriate to be back in the marketplace.
- We will remain agile and ready to pivot messaging as necessary.
- Support Local: if your business is planning on offering local specials, please let us know and we will share your information through our social channels.
The situation of the novel coronavirus pandemic is fluid and changes rapidly, please be aware that the information here may have already changed. Again, for the latest regional updates from ROOST, you should visit: https://www.roostadk.com/coronavirus
Let’s all support each other in this difficult time.
James McKenna and the ROOST Team