14 Dec Survey provides insight into bass tourneys
ROOST partnered with the Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce this summer to survey participants of the bass fishing tournaments that occur in the Lake Champlain Region.
ROOST and the TACC worked together to create a survey for participants, and postcards that helped distribute the survey link. The postcards were shared with tournament directors and circulated among participants at each tournament, which occur between May and October on Lake Champlain.
The survey was initially born through ROOST’s Destination Planning effort in the Lake Champlain Region and Ticonderoga area.
ROOST is currently calculating the economic impact the tournaments have the area.
– 71.7% of respondents say they heard about the tournament because they have participated before. This indicates that many participants are return visitors. (40.2% from fishing club membership or pre-qualification, and 24.5% from friends or family.)
– 45.6% of respondents say that they have participated in 11 or more fishing tournaments in the Ticonderoga Area / Lake Champlain Region. This is more support for repeat visitors.
– 62.5% of respondents say that they have traveled to the Ticonderoga Area / Lake Champlain Region for trips other than fishing tournaments. This shows that the fishing tournaments could be driving other visitation, although that’s not guaranteed to be the case.
– 24% of respondents stayed 2 nights, and 21.3% of respondents stayed for 6 or more nights.
– 98.9% of respondents say that they would return to the Ticonderoga Area / Lake Champlain Region.
The full survey results can be found on roostadk.com.