The Lake Placid & North Elba Destination Management Plan
The Village of Lake Placid, The Town of North Elba, and ROOST are currently developing a Destination Management Plan (DMP) for Lake Placid/North Elba. The plan provides a 10-year road map, aligning the priorities of local government, economic development, community organizations, and residents to balance the tourism industry with community needs. The goal is to ensure the quality of life for residents that compliments the quality of place for visitors. The destination management plan will assist the region with:
- Diversifying the local economy and the opportunities that it provides.
- Elevating the region as a desirable place to live, work, visit, and invest.
- Enhancing the overall well-being and resilience of the community.
Meet the DMP Implementation Committee
- Lori Fitzgerald, Lake Placid/North Elba Community Development Commission
- Haley Breen, community development director, Town of North Elba/Village of Lake Placid
- James McKenna, CEO, ROOST
- Emily Kilburn-Politi, councilor, Town of North Elba
- James Lemons, executive director, Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- Mary Jane Lawrence, COO, ROOST
- Dan Kelleher, APA
- Darcy Norfolk, ORDA
- Jackie Kelly, trustee, Village of Lake Placid
- Tim Seymour, superintendent, Lake Placid Central School
- Derek Doty, superintendent, Town of North Elba
- Art Devlin, mayor, Village of Lake Placid
- Ashley Walden, ORDA
- Greg Borzilleri, Lake Placid Marathon