02 Jun Adirondack China-ready information meeting at The Wild Center June 17
• Did you know that Chinese tourists could help your bottom line?
• Did you know that the number of Chinese visiting New York State has increased in each of the last five years to 800,000 and will continue to grow?
• Did you know that the average Chinese tourist spends an average $7,200 per trip — well above the global average of $4,500?
• Did you know that Chinese people highly value mountains, water scenery and clean air?
• Is your business China Ready?
I Love New York has opened three offices in Mainland China to encourage more Chinese people to visit New York state. In March, with sponsorship from The Wild Center, the Adirondack Foundation and Adirondack Regional Tourism, The Wild Center’s Hillarie Logan-Dechene participated in the first ever I Love New York China Sales Mission.
Logan-Dechene represented both The Wild Center and the Adirondack region during the three-city tour speaking to hundreds of tour operators in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. On June 17, Hillarie will share what she learned and present some of the information I Love New York has disseminated during their “China Ready” trainings throughout the state.
For the Adirondack Region to benefit, many organizations need to work together to welcome this new market.
Join us for an information sharing session on:
Wednesday, June 17
From 10:00 am to 11:30 am
at The Wild Center’s William H. Flammer Jr. Theater
45 Museum Drive
Tupper Lake, New York 12986
Chinese tea and cakes will be served. RSVP to Patrick Murphy at 518-359-7800 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15.
Who should attend?
- Hotel and motel owners and managers
- restaurant owners and managers
- museum and attraction marketing staff
- regional marketing professionals
- chamber of commerce members and personal
- any other interested parties
What will you get?
- Information sheets from I Love NY
- Practical information on getting your business China Ready
- A networking opportunity with other businesses who want to tap into this lucrative market