Saranac Lake Regional Marketing Manager (RMM)
The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism is seeking to fill a Saranac Lake Regional Marketing Manager position to be based out of a Saranac Lake office location.
The Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism/Lake Placid CVB is the destination marketing organization for Essex, Hamilton and Franklin counties.
- Provide ROOST Communications Director with newsworthy tourism-related information for inclusion in regional promotional PR efforts and for News content updates on websites.
- Participate in the creation of the overall marketing plan and then specific plan for the region.
- Social Media: manage the regions Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram accounts in coordination with ROOST Communications Director.
- Develop and assist with managing online business listings: content updates, and business status.
- Coordinate the quarterly on-line contest and other promotions as necessary.
- Responsible for educating regional marketing partners regarding marketing opportunities available via ROOST programs (website, PR, printed collateral, brochure distribution).
- Coordinate with ROOST photographer and videographer needs and upload and tag when completed.
- Site Content: Assist in developing messaging for web pages
- Write a weekly blog post to display on the region’s tourism website
- Maintain regional online business/asset database
- Maintain area events database in coordination with ROOST Events Manager
- Responsible for working with ROOST photographer/ video coordinator to obtain consistent, updated current digital region-wide photography for use in social media and PR/Communications.
- Attend meetings and events related to the region as the ROOST representative.
- Attend regular (monthly) staff and RMM meetings at ROOST Lake Placid office.
- Generate a monthly activity report and submit to DOM
Destination Master Planning (DMP)
- Assist in DMP process as necessary
- Maintain personal social media profiles and support ROOST efforts consistent with marketing strategies
- Work with team members to achieve set goals
- Any other duties as required
As an employee of this Marketing Organization please maintain an awareness that employees are a representative of ROOST in all public format: i.e.: in person, emails, social platforms