Lake Placid CVB/Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism reserves the right to cancel a business' advertising rights upon a finding from the Board of Directors that the business has failed to meet normal and reasonable business practices. Prior to the Board of Directors making such a determination of a business, said business will have the opportunity to present information to support its actions which caused the business to be under review.
Procedure for Business Under Review
1. "Business Under Review" shall mean the receipt of 3 open complaints from visitors on a single business. A complaint is considered "open" when no response is received by the Lake Placid/Essex County Visitors Bureau (hereinafter "the Visitors Bureau") from the business and/or failure to address the issues raised in the complaint.
2. Upon the filing of a complaint by a visitor with the Visitors Bureau, the Visitors Bureau shall contact the business regarding the complaint.
3. The business will then have the chance to respond in writing to the complaint by providing satisfactory information addressing the issues of the complaint to the Visitors Bureau.
4. If the Visitors Bureau does not receive a written response from the business within 30 days, the Visitors Bureau will notify the business again requesting a response and also notifying the business that its failure to respond could subject the business to the review process.
5. When a business is deemed to be a "business under review" the Visitors Bureau will notify the business of the date and time of the next board meeting of the Board of Directors allowing the business the opportunity to explain the situations to the Board.
6. The Board of Directors will then vote to either cancel the business' advertising rights for a year without any refund or remove the review status of the business.